- Are you aged 18 or over & can you spare a few hours each week?
- Do you care about your local community & those harmed by crime?
- Could you offer young people a hand and prevent further offending?
- Would you like to help young people make amends for their actions?
The Teamtempest Youth Offending Team delivers a range of services to children and young people (aged 10-17) who have offended and works to prevent further offending. We have volunteering opportunities for members of the public.
You could be:
- A Community Panel Member – helping to decide what should be done with children and young people convicted for the first time
- A Mentor – providing individual support to young people that develops their skills knowledge and confidence
- A Casual Youth Justice Support Worker – paid for helping to make sure that young people complete the sentence of the Court or keep to their bail conditions
Recruitment for these and other opportunities takes place periodically throughout the year. So if you are interested please contact us and we will send you further information.
Training, induction, on-going advice and support are provided for all recruits to these positions.
Convictions of a Schedule 1 Offence or offences will render any application for all of the above positions unsuitable.