Connexions are a service that provides advice, guidance and personal development services for all 13-19 Year olds. They offer support to young people on important issues such as relationships, health, money, housing, careers, learning and training. Young People receive individual help from Connexions Personal Advisers. Your Adviser will be easy to talk to, listen to your needs and opinions, offer open friendly reliable support, explain how rules, regulations and the law can affect your choices. They will not judge you.
Your Adviser will help you to understand the possibilities open to you and look to develop your hopes and dreams into your own targets. They will offer opportunities to get information advice and support about lifestyle, education, careers, health, housing, drugs and alcohol, money and other personal issues.
Your Personal Advisor can help with:
• Support if you are homeless or moving on from a Hostel or Bed and Breakfast
• Give you advice on your housing and the possibilities open to you
• Information and support about education, getting a job or volunteering
• Getting help with substance use, health and other personal issues
• Social events and group activities
• Getting funds to do the things you want to do
• Confidence to deal with letters, form filling and claiming benefits
You can expect Connexions to be dedicated to your best interests and keep any information about you confidential.